Kai Nielsen pipes
- Kai Nielsen, X Jewel of Denmark, Volcano - Straight Grain$1,119.84 $895.87
- Kai Nielsen, A Jewel of Denmark, Bulldog - Straight Grain$745.92 $596.74
- Kai Nielsen VVVV Poker Cross Grain$372.50 $298.00
- Kai Nielsen B Jewel of Denmark - Straight Grain$671.20 $536.96
- 9mm Kai Nielsen A Jewel of Denmark$745.60 $596.48
- 9mm Kai Nielsen A Cross Grain$376.00 $300.80
Kai Nielsen was born in 1951 in Vordingorg, Denmark as the son of the late pipe maker Viggo Nielsen. Kai studied and learned the "art of pipe making" under the careful eye of his father, Viggo. Kai's hard work and love for the craft was clear in every pipe he made. His designs and skills were soon noticed and admired by many.
Kai, like his father before, selects only the finest aged briar, most of which is Corsican. He also air cures the briar for a number of years to provide exceptional smoking qualities. Kai's handcut acrylic and cumberland mouthpieces are works of art.
Kai's pipes became popular, first in Germany, and then in Japan and US, where he attended the Chicago pipe show. He makes 300 - 400 pipes a year. The size range varies a lot, with the smaller pipes tending to be more popular in Japan, and the larger in the US and Germany.